Sports Medicine | InterventionBrochure
Leader Biomedical’s Sports Medicine Intervention portfolio offer a targeted solution for deferring osteoarthritis with Hyalosyn™ Gel Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injections. These injections supplement the natural human HA found in the synovial joints thus increasing the shock-absorbing capacity and reducing pain. Hyalosyn™ Gel is a 1% sodium hyaluronate viscoelastic solution, manufactured by synthetic fermentation, with no microbiological residues. Hyalosyn™ Gel comes in a sterile, pre-filled syringe for easy injection into all synovial joints.
Please send this document to my inbox
Treatment with HA is clinically proven for osteoarthritis for over 10 years to facilitate improved joint mobility and reduce pain caused by osteoarthritis, or at first signs of movement limitations and joint pain.
Joint degeneration and viscosupplementation
Supplementing the joint fluid’s natural viscosity with viscosupplementation is a proven, effective treatment to improve joint movement, increase mobility, reduce pain, and defer osteoarthritis progression.
- Patients with medium molecular weight injections experience long-term pain relief
- Longer chains need a stabiliser to maintain cross-links, which are quickly broken up into constituent shorter chains that break down rapidly within the joint
- Shorter, high molecular weight chains are absorbed at a faster rate than optimised medium molecular weight chains
Hyalosyn™ Gel indications
Treatment with Hyalosyn™ Gel will particularly benefit:
- Patients with osteoarthritic joints (stages I-III)
- Patients with facet joint arthritis
- Patients after knee arthroscopy
- People with an active life-style or (leisure) athletes with first signs of joint pain or movement limitations