Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic condition and the world’s most common degenerative joint disease that affects the joints – primarily the hands, knees, and hips – resulting in pain, limited mobility, daily activity and quality of life.
Osteoarthritis and joint degeneration
Osteoarthritis is very common in people over 45 years of age, people with an active lifestyle, active athletes and leisure sportsmen. Osteoarthritic joints have a lower concentration of synovial fluid (or: hyaluronic acid) in their joint fluid. As the principal role of hyaluronic acid is to reduce friction between the articular cartilage of synovial joints during movement, low concentration of this substance may accelerate the joint degeneration process.
Supplementing the joint fluid’s natural viscosity with viscosupplementation, by adding hyaluronic acid to the existing joint fluid, is a proven effective treatment to:
- improve the shock-absorbing properties of the body’s own synovial fluid
- reduce pain over several months, increase mobility, and improve joint movement
- provide a clinically effective alternative to anti-inflammatory/anti-rheumatic drugs
- potentially slow OAprogression
Benefits of Hyalosyn™ Gel hyaluronic acid injections
Hyalosyn™ Gel is a 1% sodium hyaluronate viscoelastic sterile solution, manufactured by synthetic fermentation, with no microbiological residues. Hyalosyn™ Gel comes in a pre-filled syringe for easy injection into all synovial joints. Treatment with HA is clinically proven for osteoarthritis for over 10 years to facilitate improved joint mobility
and reduce pain caused by osteoarthritis, or at first signs of movement limitations and joint pain.
- Significant pain reduction up to 12 months
- Improves shock-absorbing capacities of the joint and increases mobility
- Suitable for intra-articular injection into all synovial joints
- Manufactured by synthetic fermentation
- No microbiological residue, no risk of allergic reactions
- Highly effective alternative to anti-inflammatory or anti-rheumatic drugs
- Sterile solution in pre-filled syringe for easy injection and handling
- Patients with osteoarthritic joints, stage I-III
- Patients with facet joint arthritis
- Patients after knee arthroscopy
- People with an active life-style or (leisure athletes with first signs of joint pain or movement limitations