Benefits of Adcon® Gel
Adcon® Gel is a biocompatible resorbable gel, composed of polyglycan ester combined with absorbable gelatine in a phosphate-buffered saline.
- Prevents adhesion formation: physical barrier to inter-tissue adhesions, adheres to the tissues it is applied onto, and inhibits fibroblast migration on and around neural tendinous structures
- Resorbable: biocompatible gel that gradually resorbed over a period of 4-6 weeks
- Adcon® Gel reduces and simplifies re-operations, resulting in lower incidence of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS) and eliminates the need to perform differential diagnostics (X-rays, MRIs)
- Extensive clinical history: used in over 300 thousand cases worldwide and in more than 10 clinical studies since its introduction in 1996
- Ease of use: special applicator for easy, yet secure application of the gel to difficult to reach or irregular structures
Intra-operative vertebral area showing nerve roots, dura and ligaments free of scar tissue.
Adcon Gel applied
Adcon® Gel surrounds the nerve root, dura and the ligaments minimising adhesion.
Untreated post-operative vertebral area showing adhesions around operated area: dura, nerve root, ligament and soft tissues.
All products are subject to registration and availability, and may vary by country. Consult your local Leader Biomedical contact or email us at email@example.com