OssGro granules, sticks, and wedges
OssGro® granules, sticks, and wedges are synthetic bone grafts produced using MBCP™ Technology, a proprietary method for producing high quality synthetic bone grafts composed of 60% HA and 40% βTCP.
Unlike other bulk production methodologies, this process relies on a sophisticated process of synthesis with several heating steps. The use of this technology ensures good mechanical strength with resorption rates resembling real bone.
- New bone formation promoted by the release of calcium and phosphate ions
- Safe and easy to use
- Effective absorption of osteogenic proteins
- Long term scaffold effect for bone growth
Leader Biomedical’s OssGro® line of products includes:
OssGro® granules (syringe) for improved handling and easy mixing with bone marrow
OssGro® sticks: 100% permeable with fluid absorbed in less than two minutes
OssGro® wedges, available in round and wedge bases with good compression strength
There are no safety concerns or natural constraints to the availability of synthetic bone grafts. Synthetic bone grafts have proven to be an excellent alternative to human bone, especially when used in conjunction with bone marrow or proline-rich proteins (PRPs) to add osteoinductive properties to the graft.
The art of bone regeneration
Leader Biomedical’s OssGro® line is produced with MBCP™ Technology, a method producing biphasic bone substitutes closely resembling natural bone, for optimal bone regeneration. Unlike other bulk production methodologies, this method relies on a controlled process of synthesis, sublimation, and sintering.
- The specific combination of 60% HA and 40% βTCP results in a highly regulated resorption rate
- Release of calcium and phosphate ions promote controlled bone regeneration
- Macroporous structure proven ideal for cell colonisation and improved osteoconductivity
- Microporous structure ensures interstitial fluids flow freely to enable growth factors to reach cells
- The fully permeable network of interconnected pores absorbs three times the graft’s weight in fluids, like bone marrow, in under two minutes
- No risk of residual chemical or organic material
- No natural limit on availability