Joint Care | Replacement
When the prospect of bone healing is poor, a surgeon may perform an arthroplasty to stabilise the joint and restore function. Some cases require the replacement of lost bone with an allograft or a bone substitute. Leader Biomedical’s VarioClassic™ Hip System offers a targeted solution for revision in hip fractures.
Combinations are possible between most stems, heads, inlays, and cups, in order to choose the optimal solution for the patient. Please refer to product IFU’s for combination options.
In addition, we offer a range of C-ment® PMMA bone cements, a cement restrictor, and single-use sterile accessories including a mixing set and wound irrigation system.
Further, this portfolio includes eTiss® void fillers, OssGro® granules, and Ossfinity® (putty) for bone regeneration.
VarioClassic™ Hip System
Leader Biomedical’s VarioClassic™ Hip System consists of:
- Müller straight stem with a proven design providing primary stability when the joint is unstable due to trauma, especially in poor quality bones
- Müller II cup with an implant steel ring to ensure radiographic visibility
- Bipolar head | ISO 5832-1 provides a high degree of rotational freedom and low relative movements between the acetabulum and outer shell
- Unipolar head | ISO 5832-9 with large contact area and highly polished metal surface ensuring the best possible protection of the acetabular cartilage
In addition, this system includes a variety of metal and ceramic femoral heads that can be combined with our stems to create an ideal and personalised solution for patients
- CoCrMo | ISO 5832-12
- Implant steel | ISO 5832-9
- BIOLOX® Delta | Al2O3/ZrO2| ISO 6474-2
- BIOLOX® forte | Al2O3 | ISO 6474-1
- ELEC® femoral head ISO 6474-1
All products are subject to registration and availability, and may vary by country. Consult your local Leader Biomedical contact or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org